- Monday-Friday, 9:00am-3:00pm EST, I can usually be reached via e-mail, phone, or text. You are welcome to contact me outside of these times, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Saturday availability varies, and I am generally not available on Sunday.
- For ASAP jobs, please call or text to check my current availability.
- Invoices are sent on the 15th and last day of the month. If you prefer to be billed only on the last day of the month, just let me know.
- All invoices are due within 15 days of receipt. After 15 days, a late fee of 1.5% is automatically added in FreshBooks.
- In fairness to clients who pay their invoices on time, I will only be able to accept work from clients whose payments are up-to-date (no past-due invoices).
Final draft vs. Rough draft
- Proofreading rates are for final draft transcripts. If you are in a bind and need to send a rough draft, that is okay! To account for the extra time it takes to read rough drafts, these will be billed according to the rough draft rate.
- A final draft transcript will certainly have some corrections, but when each page has multiple missing words and multiple obvious errors, that is considered a rough draft. (Regular rates are for 1 to 2 corrections average per page; a rough draft up-charge kicks in for 2+ corrections per page.)
- The body of the transcript needs to be as complete and turn-in ready as possible. With multiple errors per page, the reading flow is constantly interrupted and proofing will take longer than the average, well-edited job. Starting with a final draft helps ensure you end up with a well-polished transcript.
- Normal turnaround is 3 business days. Please keep in mind that I live in the Eastern Time Zone.
If you submit a transcript on Monday at 2:00pm EST, you will receive it back by Thursday at 2:00pm EST.
If you submit a transcript on Thursday at 2:00pm EST, you will receive it back by the following Tuesday at 2:00pm EST.
If you submit a transcript on a Saturday or Sunday and ask for normal turnaround, it will be regarded as having arrived on Monday at 8:00am EST, and you will receive it back by Thursday at 8:00am EST.
- Rush turnaround is anything you need back in more than 24 hours but less than 3 business days.
- Any weekend transcripts are charged at the Rush rate.
- The ASAP rate is for any jobs needed between 8 and 24 hours.
- The minimum turnaround for an ASAP job is 4 hours from receipt.
I need a minimum of 4 hours in order to make sure that the ASAP job is completed to the best of my ability and to give previously scheduled jobs the attention they deserve as well (and to allow for life’s unpredictable interruptions). Jobs over 150 pages may require more than 4 hours, depending on the length.
- In order to have an ASAP job back to you the same day, the transcript must be in my inbox by 6:00pm EST.